Collection and Use of Personal Information
In conjunction with the online publications store, personal information may be collected including but not limited to the following: name, address, phone number, email, and user preferences. In addition, www.moravian.org may use tracking cookies. We endeavor to restrict our information requests to the minimum that is necessary to fulfill orders or to respond to inquiries. You have the ability to visit the site as a guest in order to limit the amount of information you provide. Orders may also be placed via phone at 1-800-732-0591 ext. 38.
User information gathered may be used for the following purposes:
- Process orders received through the online store
- Maintain User Identification Records for registered users
- Contact users regarding orders placed with the online store
- Notify customers of promotions taking place
- Send emails related to the Moravian Church
The Moravian Church in North America will not sell to, trade with or otherwise share your information with third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who help us to maintain our website and ensure a positive browsing experience and who also are bound to keep any information confidential.
Daily Text Email Subscriptions
This is an “Opt-in” service only, meaning the only way you will receive the Daily Text daily emails is if you request them to be sent to you. When signing up for this service we will collect your email address only. This will be used solely to provide you with the Daily Texts. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by contacting our office at email@example.com or 1-800-732-0591 ext. 38.
Third Party Links
Moravian.org may link to third party sites. We have no liability for the quality, content or privacy features of any third party sites to which we provide links. Those sites will be governed by their own privacy policies.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Moravian.org complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act and we do not distribute your information to third parties without your consent. Registered users are also given the ability to make changes to their information at any time by logging into their profile and clicking on their name in the upper right corner.
Child Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are directed to people who are at least 13 years or older.
Acceptance of Policy
Privacy Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding this policy should be directed to:
Interprovincial Board of Communication
Moravian Church of North America
Attn: Jill Bruckart
1021 Center St., PO Box 1245
Bethlehem, PA 18016
1-800-732-0591 ext. 38
Changes to this policy will be posted to this page and the modification date will be entered below.
Last Update 5/23/2018
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example our webmasters for technical assistance and website maintenance updates.
We accept payments through SagePayments USA. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to SagePayments USA, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.